Getting started with your home automation setup
I am a firm believer that people should do work for themselves and not just rely on others to do their work for them. The old adage “if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself” couldn’t be more true.
If it is to be, it is up to me!Mattress Mack
However, there is definitely something to be said for hiring a professional when that is their job and you are not a professional (software developer, electrician, plumber, etc). However, you will always learn more and have a greater sense of satisfaction if you do it yourself.
This blog series will show you how I have set up my DIY smart home system. I will try to be as exhaustive as possible in explaining what I am doing and why.
Here is what I will be showing in this series about getting started.
- Deciding on a home automation system
- How to set up your Raspberry Pi as a home automation server
- How to set up Home Assistant (Hass.io) as a home automation hub
- How to set up the Hass.io Docker image for productivity
- How to set up Git to version control your Home Assistant configuration
- How to set up a Z-Wave network for your home automation
Leave a Reply